I was greeted with a pleasant surprise this morning of being noominated for the Liebster Award by Lyndsay at Pie's Eyes & Other Sparkly Stories :) As far as I'm aware, these are the rules to follow:
- The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves.
- The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver.
- The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer.
- These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award.
- They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
- My name is actually Aroosa, but I have a billion and one nicknames ranging from Rooasaurus, to Roobarb, to Rookie Monster (People do actually call me these :D)
- I'm 18 and heading off to the Univerisity of Greenwich in just over 2 weeks to study Law - the most fun part of this fact is that I have a toga party to attend during 'Freshers Fortnight' ;)
- I'm one of those people who EATS EVERYTHING IN SIGHT, but haven't really gained any weight...
- I'm a bit weird - I like crunchy grapes. You know, like the ones that makes a sound when you bite into them.
- I have strange feelings towards onions... They freak me out.
- I used to sing/drum in a band for a good 4 years!
- I hate odd numbers and try to do everything evenly. So I'm currently not happy that I have to do everything according to 11 :(
- My favourite band at the moment are Foo Fighters, I have an indescribable love for Dave Grohl <3
- These facts are suppose to be fun... I'm fun sized if that counts?! I've been 4ft 9/5ft for a good couple of years, I never had a growth spurt :(
- On 14th July 2011, I packed my camping bag (which was bigger than me) and took off on a month long expedition with a group of friends to Ecuador & The Galápagos Islands. We could only take a couple of trousers/shorts and a few tops, underwear, socks, but it was the BEST experience of my life so far. I snorkelled in the ocean, trekked The Andes and saw 100 year old tortoises :)
- Lions are my favourite animals.
How do you store your polish?
I usually just keep them in a storeage box that I have dedicated to my nail varnish and nail care products which sits in my room, on my desk in normal room temperature. I've heard that some people put them in the fridge and whatnot, but that's not really how I roll.
How many bottles do you think you have?
Woah, I actually haven't counted as of yet... Too many to handle but not enough! Over 100 at least!
What's your favourite finish in a polish? Glitter, foil, cream, something else?
I do like using cream based nail varnishes, although I don't own many specifically cream based ones. I like the way they leave a smooth touch to your nails. I also love matte nail varnishes like my Rimmel 'Emerald City' - they just look so different.
What's your favourite type of nail art to do?
I can't pick one favourite type, but it's usually the ones that are inspired by something random or by a big event, eg. London Olympics. I know my friend's big favourites are my animal prints, they're pretty quick to whip out!
What's your biggest lemming? The one polish you are desperate to own?
Mhmm... I am desperate to own OPI's Nail Envy base coat, my nails are in dire need of therapy or at least a good base coat :(
Where and when do you usually paint your nails?
I usually paint my nails after I've had a shower etc (not before) as I find the hot water can sometimes help the nail varnish to weaken/chip. Also I take my time doing it, so mainly when I'm chillin' and watching a bit of telly.
What do your friends and family think of your hobby?
Well, I know my mum and friends sometimes ask me to do their nails, so it's pretty decent for them lol? Get your nails done.. for free! xD
What's the best tip you've ever received / read?
In terms of nails and nail care, the simple things - eg. Pushing your cuticles back massively is bad for your nails, they look sore! I keep mine pretty natural and if I'm going to get rid of them, it will only be a little bit, using a certain cream to help.
What's your best manicure ever?
I know it's simple and some nail bloggers might consider it as easy, but I actually have now perfected my leopard print nails :)
And your worst?
My worst would be an attempt at barcode nails... I was tired, it was the early hours of the morning, I had been out all day, I had to get in my first day of a challenge and it's bad but I couldn't be bothered... And they looked dreadful. I pretty much did them with my eyes closed lol.
Why did you start writing a blog?
Well, I was regularly painting my nails and creating nail art on them every other day at the beginning! My orthodontist was lovely and kept complimenting me on them :) I always took photos of my nails, to show my friends and just to keep it for future references. One day, my ortho suggested I create a blog because she loved them so much :) and recommended that I take a look at one of her friend's beauty blogs and I instantly was excited to make one! And here we are now :)
Here are the people who I am awarding:
(Sorry if you have over 200 followers! I can't see how many you have on some of the blogs)
- What inspired you to blog originally?
- How many times a week do you paint your nails?
- What's your favourite manicure?
- What's your least favourite?
- Where do you store your nail varnish?
- What is the nail product that you desire the most & is on your wishlist?
- What's your favourite brand of nail varnish?
- Which Base/Top coat do you find the most effective?
- What inspired nail art is on the horizon for you?
- Do you like to use any other types of material on your nails? Eg. studs, glitter, lace?
- What do your friends and family think of your hobby?