Friday 3 August 2012

London 2012 Olympic Nails!

Hey guys!
So recently I've done my bit to support TEAM GB in the London Olympics 2012 and did my own design on my very own nails :D
Sadly, I don't have tickets to the event, though watching it on tv is exciting as it is. I genuinely didn't think I would be anywhere near this supportive or into the Olympics, as the prolonged build up to it was getting tedious. Though I'm fully involved and I must say I have had quite a few compliments on my nail efforts towards the Olympics :P

This is the extent that I went to... My orthodontist insisted
on team GB colours (minus the white - it turns a weird
colour when you eat) except she only did it on certain
teeth due to the straightness?!


The olympic circles did get a bit messy because I did them SO many times... But I kinda just
stuck with this attempt.



For this design, lots of various nail varnishes were used:
Sunshine - Rimmel, Jungle Fever - LA COLORS
Metallic Saturn - W7, Navy - Barry M
White - Barry M, Black - Beauty UK
Heart On Fire - Rimmel, Base/Top Coat - Barry M & studs

Was really looking forward to doing another manicure with something different on each nail and LOVE studs so had to include them on the gold pinky finger for team gb :)


I used my thin brush for the details and a dotting tool to help me apply the studs as I usually do with my studded blog posts. This one did take a while to be honest, accuracy and patience was needed! Though luckily I had a day free to just sit, paint and watch the Olympiads on my telly :)
I'm pretty impressed with Team GB and their successes, at the moment they're 4th in the table of medals!


So lets all hope that Team GB get far in the London 2012 Olympics! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment