Sunday 22 April 2012

Tuxedo Nails: Inspired By Zooey Deschanel

First of all, I HAVE to start off by expressing my love for Zooey Deschanel and her new comedy TV series: New Girl! I can't even begin to explain how many giggles it gives me and is such a good use of half an hour with your girlies, a comfy sofa and some munchies! (CHOCOLATE<3!) If you haven't laid your eyes upon this brilliant show then DO IT NOW! GO AND SEARCH ON YOUTUBE! :)
It's about a girl named Jess who has just moved into an apartment with 3 guys she randomly spoke to on the internet (Don't try this at home kids; stranger danger EXISTS!) after a break up with her dumb arse boyfriend and it explores all the little problems they get themselves into.
Reasons for watching:
* It makes you laugh, even when you're down :)
* Zooey Deschanel is awesomely cooky! And hot D:
* Her dress sense is so cool
* The theme tune is awesome
* I told you to watch it!
* You must see Schmitt - best character in the world!

Anyways, so yes, this Tuxedo Nail Swatch that I tried out was inspired by the one and only Zooey Deschanel, it wasn't the easiest but wasn't the hardest either - do-able!
Also, I must mention that it was also inspired by one of my closest friends - Emiliana :) <3
She tried it out first and I absolutely loved it!
I love the fact that Zooey cracked out an elegant dress to the Golden Globes and customised her nails in a cute yet sophisticated way - very 'her' !





So, there is my little response to it, I changed it up a bit and made the Tuxedo's more square-like - I guess because my nails aren't so round and they're a bit longer. I used both Barry M Matt White and Barry M Black, then of course, applied a top coat - make sure you apply a base coat too, otherwise your nails will be stained temporarily! :(
Also, if you get the nail varnish on your skin, because it's actually a little tricky to get the hang of, then just dip a cotton bud into nail varnish remover and wipe around the edges.
For the blog stalkers (who I love!) visit my post on Cutex Nail Varnish Remover to clue yourself up on a good remover.

Thanks for reading & drop me a comment to let me know what you think! x






No comments:

Post a Comment