Thursday 26 April 2012

Can't Go Wrong With A Bit O' Crackle!

Good evening nailoholics! <3
Thought I would post a lil' something on a swatch I did earlier this week involving gradient colours and Barry M Black Crackle (ooooOooo!) Technical indeed. Well, actually, not really. Gradient nails are super easy to try out! All you need is an ordinary sponge and the colours you want to blend into each other - that's it.
I'm dedicating this post to one of my friends Charlotte, because she originally inspired me with the idea of trying out gradient nails :) (Check out her blog, it's brilliant!) I saw her with her awesome maroon and gold gradient nails at school and thought... yes. This is for me!

Here is when the amazing Barry M Crackle came into mind, as I hadn't used it for so long.
I mean, come on, you just can't go wrong with it!
So simple and effective.



So basically, just gather 3 colours to blend.
Put the bottom and lightest (usually) colour on your nail first.
Allow to dry and then apply slightly darker colour onto a sponge and dab onto the nail, fading out and blending the colours.
Do the same with the darkest colour on the tip of the nail - once its dry apply your Barry M crackle (or whichever make you have!) and don't forget to apply a top coat for longer lasting nails :)



Let me know what you think! Enjoy x

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the mention! I was thinking I would do a tutorial for my gradient one then I remembered it was a Cutepolish tutorial that I did... awkward :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha go for it anyway! Tutorials will never get old :)

    ReplyDelete